Alaska Auction prides itself on having an exceptional team. As a small business, each employee is asked to fulfill his or her individual job description, and also pitch in on other projects as needed. We offer a dynamic work environment, health benefits, and competitive salary.
Periodically we have openings in retail sales, antique restoration, customer service, computer support and maintenance, and auction support. We are looking for both part-time and full-time help. We seek honest, knowledgeable, skilled people who work well supervised or not.
Please submit your resume to akauction@GCI.net with the position you'd like to apply for in the subject line.
Please note that Alaska Auction is a drug-free work place, all employees may be subject to random drug tests.
- Has knowledge and ability to complete upgrades, installation of software and troubleshoot networks, networking hardware devices and software
- Maintains inventory of equipment as well as documentation
- Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
- Recommend and scheduled repairs to the LAN/WAN
- Handles highly confidential information/material
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
- Troubleshoot network and/or software issues.
- Must be able to think quickly for problem-solving computer issues in high-stress situations.
- Must be knowledgeable in antiques, particularly antique furniture
- Knowledge or interest of ivory and ivory carvers
- Must be able to keep accurate records
- Posses professional manner with clients and ability to field telephone calls
- Maintains showroom daily including light cleaning
- Familiarity with guns and coins.
- Working knowledge of computers a must.
- Minimum of 35 wpm typing
- Must be able to lift furniture.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Antique Restoration/Woodworking position:
- Mohawk products experience
- Responsible for all aspects of furniture repair: wood stripping and refinishing. lacquer spraying, to fabricate wooden finials and trim
All applicants should have extensive woodworking experience to include: re-gluing, veneer application, sanding, repair of dents, and scratches. Must be proficient in operating: drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, wood-nailing machines, etc.
Knowledge of Antique furniture restoration, various woods ideal. In addition, candidate must be able to work on several projects at once, unsupervised, meet scheduled deadlines and lift furniture.